Monday, August 2, 2010

They that wait...




How many times do we become impatient in waiting on a promise to be fulfilled. We pray for something, we know that God has promised it to us. We become excited and everyday open our eyes looking around for our miracle, then when we don't see it within the time limit that we have set we become discouraged. "Wait, God, I thought you promised me that you would do that miracle? Where is my answer to prayer?" So we put our miracle on the back burner, we forget about God's promise. Realistically, we stop believing in what God promises us.

For almost a year now, I have been the Sunday School teacher for our class. I love each and every one of the kids. I have cried and prayed for them and pleaded for their souls. Yet, it seems like all the praying is in vain. Nothing really happens. The kids comes and go, and seems like the only thing they take with them is the candy. The lesson seems to go in one ear and out the other. We pray...well I pray at the end of class..all the kids are doing are fighting. I have had to stop in the middle of the prayer and quietly get on to them and then try to keep on going. 

But last Sunday God reminded me one more time that he still has big plans for that Sunday School class. One of the girls that is more on the shy side, doesn't normally really speak up in class, with her face to the wall at Camp,begun to speak in other tongues!!!!!!!! The bad news is I wasn't there to witness it! The good news is somebody was brainy enough to invent the camera!! So I got pics!! Then yesterday she was baptized in the name of Jesus and I was there to witness that!! Hallelujah! God is good!!  I just found out that I don't have pics of her getting the Holy Ghost. :( But I do have some of her getting baptized!








So, sometime we just have to wait on what God wants. We don't see or understand why he doesn't hurry up, but we know that he has everything under control. Plus...you  will find that when you wait upon his timing, everything will work out BETTER than you had hoped! So that is my thought for the day! Oh, and hopefully this signals my return to Bloglandia!!! :D

~Honduranchikka










1 comment:

Becca Foster said...

How beautiful! I remember this little girl from many Sunday School classes. God is so good.