Friday, November 11, 2011

Plane trip to the States and the following days...

...I always have such original titles don't I! HA...

Our trip started out about 8:00 P.M. Sunday: October 16th. Well, that is when we arrived at the airport. Our plane didn't leave until 12:00 o'clock Monday morning, but then, I woke up at like 5:30 Sunday morning, so I really don't know when the adventure started. But I do know that that was a loooooooong night and we didn't make it to Atlanta till 8-9:00 Monday morning...and I didn't get to sleep til late that night! :D But it was worth it. We got to hang out with the Copelands, and we got to see Sis. Zaida and Alex, but...it was a VERY long two days.

On Monday we went up to a neat, old German village where we even saw a working mill that has been there since...uh...a long time ago. LOL Seriously, you guys, it was really old, but I don't remember exactly HOW old. (And know I'm not THAT old either. You know...so old I can't remember anything.) I asked Mom and Dad and they don't remember either, so I feel better! On the way back we saw a neat old-time looking store (Which I heard is really not that old, Sis. Copeland! *wink*), horse drawn carriages, and even an Indian burial ground.

On Tuesday we got up early and drove all the way to close to Russelville, AR to be with my grandparents. We went to church with them on Wednesday, but other than that we really didn't get out much and had a real good time just hanging out at Granny and Papa's. One other thing we did go out for though was family pictures. This is one of the first times (that I can remember) that they came out relatively well in a relatively small amount of time. ( I will have to attach some of them later)

On Friday we grilled hamburgers out on the back deck for my birthday. IT. WAS. COLD.  Ya'll forget that we  have been living in really hot weather lately, and to come back to 50-60 degree weather, well...let's say we never went far without our jackets.

Then Saturday morning we got up early and drove up to the Boswell area to Pawdy's deer camp for an all day birthday celebration...ON MY BIRTHDAY. Do you know how long it has been since I have got to celebrate my birthday on the actual day of my...well...birthday. :D It has probably been a couple of years. Needless to say we had fun. Like the lots of family+a great marshmellow fight+a couple of fourwheelers+some stay-up-late-kind-of-silliness    kind of fun. I'll let you draw your own conclusions. I got lots of cards...and money! WOOT-WOOT! To all my family, you know the whole reason I invited ya'll was the money...right?!?!?!?! :D HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I am SOOO JUST KIDDING! Oh, and Joe, once again, thanks soooooo much for the baking soda in bathtub.

But we did have fun and I got lots of gifts. Well, a few (not counting the money). But one of my favorites was the cookbook that everyone did for me. Everybody brought some of their favorite recipes and combined it into one cookbook. That means that I have like almost 100 of the best recipes, from some of the best cooks. And I know they are good because I have already tried some of them. So if anybody needs some good recipes, just let me know. I got breakfast, lunch, supper, and dessert covered.

That was the first week of our trip, and I have some Agatha Cristie (actually a computer game), or maybe some phase 10 or Ratuki (Yeah, Krysten!). Anyways, I will do my best to update my blog sometime next week.

Until then Bloggie friends,
HonduranChikka


3 comments:

Mariah B said...

Wow, sounds like a great trip!! So glad to see you back in the blogger world :)

Danae said...

Yay! Allana is back to earth lol jk... anyways happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

Hi Allana!! Happy to see you're back home, safe and sound!! I hope you had a wonderful trip and a wonderful birthday. Can't wait to hear how it went!

~Bethany~