Friday, September 16, 2011

The day that I shut Lydia's head in the door.

Well, it was a Sunday as I recall. Bright, sunny, and HOT!!!! To top that off, we didn't have electricity. So that means no fans. We did have a wonderful service, no doubt...but I think we were all happy to get in the van and the AIR CONDITIONING!!! Oh yeah!

So we were doing the rounds, dropping people off after church, and along the way we were teasing Josiah. Why? Well, whenever he shuts the van door he always sticks his head WAAAAAY out, then starts slamming the doors. No worries, he always pulls it in RIGHT at the last minute. But we were telling him that one day he was going to miss it (or should a say: mistime it) and get his head. Mom was very sympathetic: "...and when you do...we are all gonna laugh!"

So on the way back Mom decided that we could do hamburgers for lunch, but, we needed hamburger buns. So we stopped off at a gas station, and I was going to run inside and pick some up. I jumped out of the van, turned, glanced to see if anybody was there (there wasn't), and slammed the door.

...Ok...let me rectify. I TRIED to slam the door, but encountered resistence: Lydia's head. Only I didn't realize it was her head. I didn't realize, that is, until I heard. AH! AH! AH! It was like short, sharp screams. It was a frightening sound. I ran back to see what it was and found Lydia holding her and and making her weird "AH!" noises.

Needless to say, she is still alive today. She is actually more than alive...she is just fine. But it shook us all up a bit. LOL

Moral of the story: Don't make hamburgers for lunch on Sundays. If you do...someone will get hurt. JK The true moral of the story is look before you slam a door. Or maybe...don't slam doors at all!

Goodnight,
HonduranChikka

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it bad that this story made me laugh really hard? ;P Haha, it sounds like something that would happen to us. Funny post :))
Glad she's okay, of course :)

*Nicole Wakefield*

Mariah B said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Luv your moral at the end!! You are always hilarious!

Danae said...

Awww. Ur sooo funny!! Tell her I am thinking of her!! lol

Mary Frances said...

I wish you had taken pics!!! LOL! Do you have your own camera?!?!?