Friday, March 26, 2010

"Squaring off" the house!!! HAHA

LOL...I had the funniest experience yesterday! :D My Dad took Me, Nathaniel, and Josiah to our property. At the property there is creek that runs along the back. Every time it rains...it washes sand  (good, expensive sand) down from somewhere up the creek and we always shovel it out. So when we got there...but dives straight for the creek and starts digging. Josiah started doing "whatever". So I was waiting for Dad to tell me what he wanted me to do. Finally he told me to come help him, I said ok. He told me we were going to "square off" or "square in" the house. Which just means that we were like putting stakes and and tying cord to them to get the lines of the house...or something like that. HAHA!!! The only problem was that I think we "octogonaled off the house"!!!

It started out good...he put the main stick down, and told me to butt the tape measure up against the post. I did! Dad put down that stake and we repeated this process to two other times and now had three stake up. Dad decided he would re-measure everything to make sure we had it right so far. LOL This was when the fun began!!! We started to re-measure...and the first one went ok. The second had to be moved but only 1/4 of an inch. LOL By the time we got to the 3rd stake it seemed like we were like 4 inches off. We repeated THIS process several times, and much to my amusement Dad started muttering to himself. He would mutter something and then he would say to me...ok go back to this other stake and will measure __________. So I would go back and he would mutter some more....then he would move the stake a little...double check it and say...ok come back over to this one. He would measure that one and then he would have to move IT a little bit. Then he had me got back to the first one and repeat the process...all the while muttering!!! IT was TOOOO funny! Finally he said, "Man, these stakes seem to be moving themselves", then he got up and went and shoveled sand!! It was sooooo funny! So in the end ...we did...nothing...haha...but it was sure funny doing it! Hopefully it will a little better today...he has some men helping him...men that know how to construct house....or at least "square it off"!!

2 comments:

Mary Frances said...

Hahaha!!! If I had been involved it probabley would have ended being a lopsided circle!!! :)

Allana Schreckhise said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Mary, aren't those called...ovals??? :D You definitely have to be the only person I know that makes LOPSIDED CIRCLES!!! You are too funny!