Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Unconditional Love

Wow, I was looking back ya'll and I just realized that I have posted over 50 posts. I have only had this blog about 7 months. That definitely deserves a big WOW...I meant that literally!!! (To all you fellow bloggers: Isn't it sad that that is the biggest that the font can get?? That is SAD!!!!) :D I was looking back a couple of days ago and realizing how much my posts have changed even since I started this blog. They have changed a lot even since the first of this year. How have they changed? They just sound 'older'. It makes me realize how much God has brought me through and how much it has matured me! I am not saying that to make somebody think good or bad of me, I am saying it as a testimony. God has allowed some big thing (to me) to come my way. I thought I would buckle and break. I thought that I would never make it out alive, but here I am today blogging about how much it changed me. Not in a bad way. It didn't break and shake me, but rather it made me more like the person God wanted me to be. When I was going into the challenge it felt like nothing good would ever come out of it, but look what GOD has done. Everything that came out of it is good.

I think that it is like that a lot of time in life. God allows a challenge to come our way. He is trying us. He allow things to happen to us. We feel like we will never make it out alive. We feel like any minute we are going to go over the brink. We are so sure that the next thing that comes is going to take us down, because we just CAN'T take it no more. But suddenly in that moment of our greatest weakness, the storm calms. Life's problems resolve themselves in some miraculous way. And we are back on our feet. We look back  and we are thinking how in the world did I come out alive??? If it weren't for the memories those moments, we wouldn't even believe that we had just been through tough times. We look back and realize that through all the ugly only good has come forth. That long-term illness became a faith strengthener. The endless nights of pain and suffering have caused someone else to see the truth. The lonely moments we spent in prayer because we didn't know what else to do, actually brought healing to a cancer-ridden body. We think: Wow, God, you ARE good!

But there is something that we can't forget and we can't make go away. The scars. What about those? How do we handle those? What are we supposed to do about those? What can we find good in those old ugly scars? Just think of those as reminders of how good God has been to you. He didn't HAVE to pick you up out of your situation. He didn't HAVE to hear your cries. Oh, but Allana, he is God. Of course he is going to do that. I mean that is what Gods are for.

Wrong...  He picked us up out of the pit of sin that we were living in. You are right...He's God. So that means that he has all right just ignore us. Why should he pick up us worms? What if his hands get dirty? What if we stain his reputation? What then? But he doesn't think about that...he just loves us. Unconditional love!! So those scars are just reminders of his unconditional love...

Or at least that is my humble opinion!

No comments: